Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Shooting Rests

I have been to the shooting range quite a bit in the past few years since I got into shooting and firearm ownership. My shooting techniques have evolved quite a bit since I first started going out. I used to shoot at anything and everything that was out in the desert. I would shoot either standing up, or laying down in the dirt. Since than I now have shooting tables, tables to hold my gear, shooting rests, home-made targets, shade canopy, etc.

Although I don't often bring along all of that equipment, it usually depends on where I am going and how much time I have, however I almost always take my shooting rests with me. I usually take a few different firearms with me including hunting rifles, AR's and shotguns. So having a shooting rest for some of my rifles that have a scope or sights on them is a must. I will use these rests to ensure that my tendency to shake while zeroing in on the target doesn't prevent my effectiveness. The Caldwell Shooting Rests that are available on our website range in price as well as usability.

Not only do I use my shooting rest while out on the range, but I also use it every time I clean my weapon. My wife has given me some fairly strict rules in how, where, and when I can clean my weapons. She does not enjoy the mess nor the smell. Consequently I make sure to keep things pretty tidy while I am cleaning or fixing my weapons. Having a shooting rest helps immensely with this. I am able to maneuver around my weapon and easily clean and maintain it without having to prop it up on something or lay it down on the table.

These different Caldwell Shooting Rests are available on www.lanworldinc.com. See the links below for the different models:






No comments:

Post a Comment