Thursday, April 18, 2013

Vehicle Handgun Mounts NOW IN STOCK!!

I finally purchased one of these Vehicle Handgun Mounts for my own personal use. I carry a Smith & Wesson 1911 and with it being a larger frame firearm it can sometimes be in the way when I get in and out of my vehicles and can dig into my side. So by getting this vehicle handgun mount I was going to solve a few different problems I was dealing with. The first being that I do not like to just place my firearm on the seat or on the floor of my vehicle and watch it roll around and get beat up. The second being that I want to be able to take my pistol out of my OWB holster and place it in this handgun mount so that it is still easily accessible without being damaged.

I thought that I might run into an issue with my knees hitting it but I had no problems getting in and out of my vehicle and actually barely realized the mount and firearm were there while I was driving around. The holster is a very tight and snug fit to the firearm so that it doesn't move around too much. I am much happier placing the firearm in this vehicle handgun mount compared to some of the other locations I have used in the past.

One thing I did notice however is although this holster and mount functioned perfectly right out of the box for my truck, I will need to purchase the Universal Vehicle Adapter to use this mount in my car. As you can see in the picture to the right, I do not have any place to hook the mount to on my car, but with the adapter that is also available on our website I can place the strap around the steering column and than hook it up accordingly.

Overall I am very happy that I finally purchased the vehicle handgun mount. There are many different holsters that are available that go along with this mount, by using the Holster Size Chart, I was able to find the correct holster that would fit my firearm. However these mounts do work universally with many different holsters from different brands and makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment